When I had my severe acne break-out after stopping the pill, my world immediately changed. Acne took over my life and drained my energy. Here is a little before and after scenario:
- I didn’t worry about my diet at all. I ate and drank whatever I felt like and lived rather flippantly.
- I spent my money on typical things, such as the basics (food and shelter), a few nice pieces of clothing, traveling and nights out with my friends. I didn’t have kids at the time so this all seems pretty simple now. LOL.
- I spent my extra time hanging out with my friends, watching shows and movies, doing yoga, reading, going for long walks, shopping and traveling. Again, I didn’t have kids so – Good Lord – I had a lot of time to do fun stuff.
- I was happy and confident with a great career and tons of amazing friends.
- I obsessed about my diet. Which foods are causing my acne? Which foods are healing my acne? I was constantly experimenting and trying different diets. My diet became a source of stress and anxiety.
- I spent huge amounts of money on supplements, skincare products, skin treatments, and special foods. The days of having extra money to do the things I really loved were GONE.
- I spent my extra time researching acne, trying different skincare products and diets, shopping for a miracle cure, and applying make-up so I would look presentable. Sometimes I would even miss activities I used to enjoy because I felt so embarrassed about my skin. I even went back to school to become a Naturopathic Doctor so I could learn how to re-balance my body and clear my acne. That meant 4 years of intense study, debt, and stress.
- I developed severe anxiety, depression and my self-esteem plummeted.
The end result of my life with acne?
Acne completely took over my life and exhausted me. Sound familiar?
If so, you need to stop what you are doing and find some support. Healing acne is not an easy journey and you should not do it alone.
How to Avoid Acne Exhaustion
- When you develop acne, it does mean that you need to re-balance your body from the inside out. But this does not have to be an exhausting, stressful journey. Healing your body from the inside out should be a process that brings better health, more energy and overall vitality. Adopting this mindset will allow you to experience greater success, faster.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with all the conflicting information on the internet. This can be a source of huge stress and it can lead you to spend tons of money on things that don’t actually work.
- When taking advice, pay attention to the source – most people out there do not have the education or the experience to give you reliable advice.
- Don’t spend months and years trying to figure out what is going on all by yourself. Not only is experimenting exhausting and expensive, but you are also left with more and more acne scars. Find help as soon as possible.
- Invest in working with a Naturopathic Doctor or join my 7-Week Clear Skin Program to find out exactly what you need to do to balance your body (diet, topicals, and supplements) and start to implement the changes at your own pace. Ultimately this will lead to faster healing, less experimentation and money spent.
- Work with someone who specializes in acne. Acne patients tend to be very sensitive and many practitioners don’t understand that some therapies that work wonders in other patients can make acne way worse. Learning what works and what doesn’t takes experience.
- Make time to do things that you love.
- If you are experiencing anxiety, depression or low self-esteem, you may have to dig deep to find out what is really going on. My Naturopathic Beauty Bliss Program (included in my 7-Week Clear Skin Program) will help you cultivate self-love and live your happiest life.
Sending you love and I am so honoured to help you on your clear skin journey!