Even though acne needs to be solved from the inside out to truly go away, you need to know what to do when a zit pops up. My go-tos? Green tea and ice. Think of this as Emergency Medicine for Zits.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Green tea contains a powerful anti-oxidant called ECGC that has been scientifically proven to reduce acne blemishes by up to 75% when applied topically. Combining green tea with hydrotherapy, which has been used for thousands of years to reduce inflammation, is a potent combination. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Green Tea Ice Cubes:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Bring a pot of filtered water to a boil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Combine ½ cup of boiling water with 5 organic green tea bags.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Allow tea to steep for 5 minutes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Remove the tea bags and allow the tea to cool.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Pour the tea into an ice cube tray and freeze.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. Once the green tea ice cubes are ready, place them in he freezer. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What to do at the first sign of a flare-up:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Wrap a green tea ice cube in a piece of gauze.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Place the ice cube on the blemish for 60 seconds.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Wait 5 minutes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Repeat 3 times.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Apply Manuka Honey to the blemish. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. Repeat this entire process 3-4 times per day.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
7. Leave the Manuka Honey on overnight. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Follow this technique as soon as you start to feel the blemish starting to form for best results. STAT.
Do you need help healing your acne?
Inspired by my own struggles with severe acne, I have been helping patients heal their acne as a Naturopathic Doctor since 2007.
Based on years of research and clinical experience I have developed my best-selling 7-Week Clear Skin Program to help you get clear skin for life.
I also offer 1:1 Acne Coaching
If you have any questions about how I can help you heal your acne for good, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to helping you on your clear skin journey!